الثلاثاء، 17 فبراير 2015

تَخاريف نُص مِيتر عَقلُه طَار (36) - The Power of Writing.

We all have methods of coping with what we don't understand, of dealing with painful situations in our lives. The more light you allow within you, the brighter the world you live in will be. Personally, when I don’t know what to do and feeling pained, putting words on paper feels tangible. It’s black and white in an otherwise grey time. When we don’t feel like talking, writing lets us speak in a solitary way. The blog post or page or paper is a never-ending space for depositing our concerns and fears and hopes. Writing has helped me to organize my thoughts, understand my feelings and process not only the failed moments but also to recover from grief and loss. 

You can’t know where you’re going if you don’t know where you are. There is nothing that keeps me sane as words. ‘I have hated words, and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.’ There is a lot of power in the written word but occasionally words are hard to find. :)

We live in a world where words and writing are in abundance, yet sincerely is in rations. The ways words are said and written reveal the condition of the heart and the status of the circumstance. When used correctly, words have the power to change the world. Words are attached to the soul; they are a member of us. The word goes from the page and infuses into our inmost being. As Emily Dickinson writes, ‘I know nothing in the world that has as much power as a word. Sometimes I write one, and I look at it, until it begins to shine.’

As Julia Schemmer writes, ‘Words have lifted me up and brought me down. Words have inspired me rationally when no one did. Words have comforted me for the hope of a better tomorrow. Words do not finish for compliments or gratitude. They are content in doing their job without recognition from others.’ I am thankful for the words that were never said and the silent lonesome moments fulfilling the need for speech. I am thankful for the words of praise and the words of insults, as they have fostered a sense of resiliency and determination within me. :)

A few years ago I began thinking of my life as stories. Not my entire life, but at least the parts that I believed had significant impact on who I am, both the negative and the positive.  I came to realize that perhaps had the core of what could become a helpful and guiding story for others. While writing with others in mind, I began to experience a mix of emotions and a sense of peace. Soon I realize that as I wrote, I come away feeling a sense of healing and inner satisfaction.

I barely write, because it takes courage, intention, vocabulary, creativity and time, and I probably lack all of them. I am a beginner, yet I tend to write and take brief notes of  what I think and how I feel everyday. I always tend to keep a journal or alternatively write in my blog. While it held my secrets, it by time held my heart. Reading back through my journals and posts has helped me reflect on where I used to be and where I am now in my life. It’s a method of allowing the light of understanding and compassion to shine on my past.  In the process of writing each journal and post, I have come to realize how much writing helps and how powerful words could be. Writing is the first step toward facing those parts of ourselves we'd rather leave buried. It never fails to relieve my heart from pain and my mind from overthinking. It gives me a closure and also a new beginning. 

My thoughts most of the time are personal and shallow, but I still write anyways. I have recently decided to share some of these stories because sharing our stories is the next step because it connects us. It reminds each and every one of us that we are not alone. In revealing our own truth, we give others the courage to reveal theirs. We all have a story to tell, and that story you share may reach and help someone else. :)


ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق